Device Problems

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Device Problems

Post by Osler »

Scott:

Having an issue with Devices. Though the DLL's are in the PlugIn folder they aren't showing up via the Device Addition Wizard. Also, my Windows Message software device has been magically renamed SonosController (no DLL by that name exists in the PlugIn folder). I had purchased a NetCallerID and was going to install it but I only have W800, ZWave, and GC100 to choose from....any ideas (BTW I installed all plugins by default).

Osler
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Very strange. I did a reinstall and I get the same behavior. Now this appears to only be a problem when I click the light bulb to add a device...going through the menu gives me the correct form to select devices from. It's almost as if when I click the light bulb the forms populate with either software or hardware devices that I am currently using. When I reinstalled I had moved my config folder to the desktop. When starting HB with the basic config folder, no hardware devices are available when I click to that form via the light bulb. However, when my config is loaded the light bulb gives me a hardware device (interface) form that has only the interface devices I am currently using as available options. Same for software devices to a degree....the SonosController I was seeing is a script device that I use and it was showing up as a potential software device for me to create.

Also, on another note....I figured out why my SWRemote was having connection issues (intialize -> connnected -> initialize -> connected ad nauseum). I had an SWRemote running undetected in the background (i.e., though I exited the remote and the interface disappeared it was still listed as a running process). Killing it off fixed the connection issue (2 SWRemotes with the same name trying to connect to the server = bad).

Osler
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Dude...ignore everything except for the SWRemote issue above. It's obviously been a long time since I added a hardware interface to HouseBot....you can't tie your shoes until you have them on so-to-speak.

Still....I am not sure why my SonosController was showing up as the Windows Message device....

Oser
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Windows Message Devices are defined by Device Definition Files (DDF's). These are configured from the main menu (Settings/Configure Windows Msg Devices...). You probably have a device definition for the Sonos that is presenting itself as a Windows Message installable Device. Look in your HouseBot\Config\WindowsMessageDefs directory for the DDFs.
Scott