Sony DVP-cx875p

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
biggrey54

Sony DVP-cx875p

Post by biggrey54 »

can i control this equipment from housebot using the slink connection and what if any hardware do i need many thanks :?
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Re: Sony DVP-cx875p

Post by Richard Naninck »

So I started browsing to see if I could come up with something aqnd found the owners manual. Then I figured out that your unit is just about the same as mine (DVP-CX860) and so I looked at the back side of my unit to find a Mega Control input which I was not aware of I had one. :oops:
The DVD Changer is just about the only device that is controlled using the USB UIRT because I never knew I had a control port on the back side. Now that I am aware of that I will look into it and if I find a solution to connect the unit to a PC, it will solve your problem as well since both units probably have the same control port. I have seen CD Changers with an rs232 port and mine doesn't have one so probably that's why I never dug deeper.

A short browse turned up this: http://www.nirvis.com/slink-e.htm
So it seems possible to get some interface which turns rs232 signals into s-linke signals. If that's the case, rs232 is probably not directly compatible to s-link and an interface is needed. Than obviously we need to have the protocol to create a driver which can be used from HouseBot.

So the answer to your question is probably yes... but...

If I find the time to get this done, I will report back. Since my movies come from harddisk using Meedio on a PC and the only time I use the DVD player is for an occaisional childrens DVD, it is not very high on the prio list..
biggrey54

Re: Sony DVP-cx875p

Post by biggrey54 »

many thanks richard for that reply