Nearly there need a push in the right direction

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
raptor_demon

Nearly there need a push in the right direction

Post by raptor_demon »

Hi,

Ok i have housebot setup most of the way now!

It has been a steep learning curve but its comoing along nicely thanks to everyone.

I have tried searching but I am unable to find how todo the following:

IP Camera Intergration: take picture every XX seconds and put in folder YYYYY and take picture on Doorpell press for display on Touch screens.
Shopping list application with the ability to add items to a database etc...
Web based page (behind password) for checking on the status of the house while away.

I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction for some of these items.

Any help is appreciated.

Raptor
roussell
Advanced Member

Re: Nearly there need a push in the right direction

Post by roussell »

I did a post on webcam IP integration a while back. I'll see if I can dig it up and post a link but it involved placing an image control on your swremote and setting it to "allow same value changes", point it to a folder/image, and then have a process (inside or outside of HB) that grabs an image from the camera as whatever interval you choose ( I did it as fast as possible) and place that image in the folder that the image control is pointing too. That will give you a image that updates depending on the speed of your gear and connection between the swremote and HB server. For true movie-style cam viewing on a x86 swremote, you can use Osler's browser plugin.

There is also a web package that works nicely with HB somewhere on the forum, I have it and it allows control of your devices, tasks, and modes via any web browser, it also works nicely with the iPhone. I'm re-writing a version for specifically for the iPhone but it may be a while before I have something to share as we're in the process of listing our house and dealing with the stress that goes along with that.

Here's the web control thread:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=855645&p=444469&hi ... er#p444469
raptor_demon

Post by raptor_demon »

Thanks Roussell

Were you able to find that script?

Raptor
roussell
Advanced Member

Post by roussell »