Upgrading from HouseBot 2.15 to Meedio HouseBot

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
AndyK

Upgrading from HouseBot 2.15 to Meedio HouseBot

Post by AndyK »

Now that I've finally managed to get hold of Meedio HouseBot (Alan very kindly emailed it to me as the download doesn't like to work through a firewall), is there any suggested procedure to upgrade from the freeware 2.15 version to the Meedio HouseBot version. The Meedio version installs in a different path and I would like to transfer all my existing stuff to the new version.
Andy
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

Scott should be posting a guide soon. He may know a better way to do it but what I did was to backup my configuration file in v2.15, install v2.20 to the new (default) directory, copy the v2.15 backup to the corresponding folder in the v2.20 installation, and then restore the configuration in v2.20. I also copied my theme directory from 2.15 over 2.20
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

Thanks Alan. I just wanted to be sure I didn't mess things up by copying stuff from one version to the other and finding there were compatability issues.
Andy
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Alan, Scott, and Jim Mc, when I tried to go from 2.15 to Meedio 2.20, I ran into Jukebot related error messages. It's not finding the Jukebot device from what I can tell. But reinstalling Jukebot from the download won't work becasue its set up for Cebotics HB, not Meedio. It's (re)installing it in the wrong directory. I did the 'backup the mdb file, then restore with it to Meedio 2.20' steps but that didn't help either. The irony is that I never did get Jukebot to work properly anyay (although I haven't given up yet.) The cheap/dirty way out is to stay with Cebotice HB 2.10 on the production server,... possibly forever. Is there much of a difference between it and Meedio 2.20 to make it worth the hassle?
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Steve,

If you need to use JukeBot, you'll need to stick with 2.15 for now. One of the VB support files for JukeBot (not written by Jim), isn't being included in Meedio HouseBot. This is still an open issue.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Scott, Thanks - I suspected it might be something like that.
Steve