IR Code Number Received

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

IR Code Number Received

Post by Richard Naninck »

Today I got my USB UIRT. I set it up like in the help file.

It enables with YES and I can learn codes. When testing the codes, they work because my TV switches channels.

Then I added the IR Receiver device in the device list. It has the property "IR Code Number Received". When looking at the remote control library I built, I have two commands. Channel Up and Channel Down. Up has number 1 and Down has number 2 assigned. Now when pressing the applicable button on my real remote, I should see either number 1 or number 2 appearing in the device property IR Code Number Received, but the property stays at 0 all the time no matter what I do. I need this to get certain tasks to work on IR codes like the cursor control of the soft themes!

I did restart HouseBot after adding the device property!

Also it seems that there is something wrong with the labels Front, Left, Right and All concerning the send led. When selecting Front, nothing happens when testing a code, but when selecting Right, the code gets sent. It seems to mee that Front should be the Front Led of the USB UIRT and that Left and Right should be the additional Leds that you can connect whit the stereo jack on the backside. Scott, is there maybe something wrong with the labels???

Anybody now what I do wrong, or what I miss here?

Thanks,

Richard
Richard Naninck

USB UIRT question

Can atleast somebody confirm that what I stated in my previous posting works in their setup. So is there somebody out there who has the receiving part of the USB UIRT in HouseBot working. At least then I know it is not a bug in HouseBot.

I can't think of anything that I missed here, but still can't get it to work. X-10 receiving etc works fine. The USB-UIRT must be working correctly since I can learn this devices simple IR codes. Thus the receiving part of the device works.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Richard,

When you learned the IR codes in the USB-UIRT, did you select the Code will be sent AND RECEIVED checkbox ? If not, you will need to relearn them with that checked to receive the codes.

To diagnose the problem a little deeper, we will need to get a trace of the USB-UIRT. To generate a trace file:
  1. Select the Hardware Interface from the Tree View.
  2. Click on the 'Hardware Module Type' button at the top of the Interface Property list.
  3. Click on the 'Enabled' checkbox to turn on tracing.
  4. Try and use the interface again by trying to receive the IR code. This should generate data in the log file.
  5. Turn the tracing off by clearing the 'Enabled' checkbox set previously.
  6. Send the trace file (InterfaceTrace.*.csv) to me at '[email protected]'. The file can be found in the HouseBot\Logs directory.
The 'Zone' radio buttons are fairly new (not even documented), but I thought that a previous tester verified that they worked correctly. I have an older version of the UIRT, so it doesn't support the zones for me to test. If you would like to test all of the zones and let me know the configuration outcome, it might help me to troubleshoot that issue too.
Scott
Richard Naninck

UIRT

Scott,

If this setting is not defaulted on, I am sure I didn't set it. I am at work right now and unable to test it. I will try it this evening, but I am already pretty sure it is going to work. I must have overlooked this setting in the helpfile. Although such a setting didn't really stick out in the applicable help topic.

Thanks for the good info. I will post my findings here in a couple of hours...

As for the zones, I will test all three of them and let you know what my findings are. First I must have confirmed that what you mean with the Front zone, actually means the built in IR leds and that Left and Right represent the leds that can be connected via the stereo jack on the backside. While testing I will give you which label (Front, Right or left) is connected to what output pin on the stereo jack. For now I can tell you that without a jack connected, the Right-zone (or obviously All-zones) must be selected for the built in leds to work. I take it this must be changed in Front. I guess I have the latest UIRT frimware. Will also let you know the firmware version.