Help! Sample HBX for basic Meedio Essentials control

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
dmeehan

Help! Sample HBX for basic Meedio Essentials control

Post by dmeehan »

Can anyone provide a sample for how to configure Housebot to control Meedio Essentials. Just basis start/stop next/prev track in now playing would be a good start.

I figure that this is about sending and receiving windows messages between housebot and essentials, but can't really put my finger on whats needed to make it work. A sample would be great!

Cheers

Dave
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Dave,

At the Consumer Electronics Show, Meedio showed HouseBot doing just what you are asking for. Unfortunately, it involves some yet-unreleased plugins for the two applications to inter-operate.

I think the development of the first version of the plugins is pretty much complete. At this point, we're just waiting for new releases of the software that support the new plugins. I'm not sure exactly when this will be, but it should certainly be in the next release.
Scott
dmeehan

Thanks

Post by dmeehan »

ScottBot,

Thanks for the reply. My impression was that 'some' integration was already possible, just not packaged in a friendly way. Meedio seem to have been promising closer integration for over a year now, and yet it still isn't here.

Also, my understanding was that much of this could already be done through Girder?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Dave
Dave Meehan
switzch

Post by switzch »

You can use girder and send message, or simply map keyboard strokes (up, down, ect..).
dmeehan

Post by dmeehan »

switzch wrote:You can use girder and send message, or simply map keyboard strokes (up, down, ect..).

Thanks. Is there any documentation available for how to send the messages and call up a module by name? An example would be great!

Cheers

Dave
Dave Meehan
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Also, if you want a very simple way with HouseBot to send Windows Messages, checkout the online help for the Windows Message Device (you actually have to look at the help for Win DVD to see the Windows Message Device help file).

The HouseBot Windows Message Device is a simple plugin that can send Windows Messages to other apps. Not near as extensive as Girder.
Scott