WHERE'D MY POST GO?!

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
kbosscawen

WHERE'D MY POST GO?!

Post by kbosscawen »

Where did the post I submitted entitled "Interesting Post," the one that had a poll re: Meedio's attention to HouseBot, go to? I've looked all over and can't find it.

The last result I saw from the poll was that 76% of the respondents didn't think Meedio was giving appropriate attention to HouseBot. The last entry that I saw in the thread asked about Meedio returning VBWrapper capabilities to HouseBot so that some of the pre-acquisition plugins (ie JukeBot) could continue to be used prior to HB-Meedio integration. I don't recall seeing an answer.....

Not surprising, really, given that HB-futures related questions seem to go unanswered (at least mine do - Maybe it's me :cry: )...

Do Polls disappear from the forum after a certain amount of time automatically, even though I specified a never-ending poll? I certainly hope that forum content isn't being edited/censored by the moderators!! :x
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

The deafening silence is very telling...
Aeroschmelz

Post by Aeroschmelz »

I have never seen, that anybody of the Meedio team has deleted a post or censored things independent of their subject, so i don't think that this was deleted.
portal45

Post by portal45 »

At worst I've seen them lock a topic, but I do not recall them ever moving or deleting posts. I do recall reading your post/poll though. Hmm...
-------->

Walk a mile in a mans shoes before you judge him. Then you'll be a mile away AND have his shoes!!! Mwahahaha!
kbosscawen

Post by kbosscawen »

Aeroschmelz Said

I have never seen, that anybody of the Meedio team has deleted a post or censored things independent of their subject, so i don't think that this was deleted.
This was just a convenient glitch, then?

uhhhhhhhhhh, yea......:roll:

Anyone from Meedio have a response? I'd like to watch the results of my poll. I'd also like a response to my last post on that thread - The one about returning VBWrapper capability to HouseBot.....
Joche_2

Post by Joche_2 »

I am in the believe that they are deleting inappropriate topics, but after giving it a few thought I think they are doing the right thing.

They are hosting this forum for aiding users in using their product, why should they pay for hardware and bandwidth for things that works against there business?
Aeroschmelz

Post by Aeroschmelz »

kbosscawen wrote: This was just a convenient glitch, then?

uhhhhhhhhhh, yea......:roll:

Anyone from Meedio have a response? I'd like to watch the results of my poll. I'd also like a response to my last post on that thread - The one about returning VBWrapper capability to HouseBot.....

Stop shouting and make a new poll, is the easiest thing to do....
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

kbosscawen, I have to admit I think I may have deleted your post by accident while cleaning up the forum. It was not meant as censorship.

Having said that, we are completely committed to enhancing Meedio HouseBot and do appreciate all constructive suggestions. The VB wrapper that existed for CeBotics HouseBot was not owned by CeBotics and so therefore did not transfer to Meedio with the product. That is one of the items that we are working on.
kbosscawen

Post by kbosscawen »

Alan - THANK YOU for the response, but with all due respect and no ill-will intended, we've heard about the committment to HB and the fact that you're 'working on it' before. Can you give us ANY guidelines on when this will come to fruition? As I said before, I know you can't commit to specific dates, but are we talking within a month, a quarter, a year,...?

I work in a publicly traded company - Without this kind of guidance, without some sort of idea what products are coming out in what timeframe, the investment community would have nothing on which to base their investment decisions, and the value of the company would tank. I see this as the same thing.

I basically would like to know when there will be some tangible evidence that HB is getting some attention from someone other than Scott.

Others: I'm not working against their business: I'm trying to give them the (HB-focused) customer feedback that they say is so important to them. I'm not interested in taking the easy way out: I'm interested in getting results.
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

kbosscawen, with all due respect back, I've worked at some of the largest publicly traded companies as well and I have very rarely if ever seen the kind of information that you are looking for disclosed outside of an NDA. Keep in mind this is a public user community and not the place where we have investment or business partner discussions.

Meedio has experienced this double-edged sword too many times to go down this road again. If I tell you some hypothetical "thing" may be available in a month and it ends up being 5 weeks then some members of the community will be upset that we "lied" to them. If I play it safe and say that this "thing" may be available within a quarter then some members of the community will be upset that we are taking too long and not devoting what they think are the proper resources to what they think are the proper priorities. The only correct answer is to be able to accurately predict the outcome of a complex system far in advance, and this is a task that even the largest software companies in the world have not yet mastered.

It's a tough subject, but it's one that we take very seriously. We've spent a lot of time this year looking at our internal processes and ways that we can improve them as well our communications with the community. This week's introduction of the Meedio Support Center is one outcome of that. We're not there yet but I believe we are making progress in the right direction, even if most of it may not be visible to you yet. I just ask that you give us the room to do what we all agree needs to be done. We recognize the requirements and priorities of the HouseBot community and no additional discussion will help us to meet those requirements any sooner. Believe me, one thing that we do not lack is a clear understanding of this community's requirements. Rehashing the same topics only redirects our attention away from core product development.

Thanks,
kbosscawen

Post by kbosscawen »

Alrighty, then. I'll shut up comforted in the fact that I have no idea if/when something that will be useful to me will be coming out of Meedio, that Meedio doesn't seem to have a handle on the effort it takes to execute the projects that they have planned, and that they seem to be unwilling to commit and be held accountable for the committments they do make.

Not a situation where I'd want to put my investment dollars (read: loyalties).

Sorry for the not-so-constructive criticism, but I have nothing else to go on....