Essentials plugin for HouseBot?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
eirikso

Post by eirikso »

Steve Horn wrote:Eirikso,
Can the J River/netremote combination display a list of tacks in a play list and allow you to jump to a specific track?

Yes, you have full playlist and media library control. You can play single tracks from a playlist or add single tracks TO a playlist.

_eirikso
Kosh

Post by Kosh »

Crashless wrote:If I'm looking that those pics right, you've done two amazing things:

1. Remoted the media library. Something Meedio Inc. has said is very far off...

2. Used bluetooth instead of wifi, which saves HUGE on batteries.

Are these right?

1. Yes

From the Library screen:

2. You can choose between Bluetooth and Wifi, and if the program cannot connect using Bluetooth, it can be configured to try wifi, and opposite.
eirikso

Post by eirikso »

As far as I can see from the screenshots ToothControl with a Meedio plugin looks very promising.

Seems like you are about to outperform the Meedio Team... 8)

Can't wait for the release "around the 1st of April" announced on your website.

_eirikso
Sannie

Post by Sannie »

I'm getting errors running the program. Is the PDAclient compatible with Windows Mobile 2003?

Sannie.
----------------------------------------------

Hush mini ITX, 12,1" touchscreen.
blepore

Post by blepore »

acheslow wrote:Nope, we'll post one here when there is anything to report.

several months since anyone has posted.

enquiring minds want to know.... :?
ozhtpc

Looking for an alternative to Meedio/Housebot

Post by ozhtpc »

I have played the waiting game for close to a year now and have been keeping up with the veiled promises of a Meedio/Housebot combined solution. Pre Meedio acquisition of Housebot saw us getting much better turnaround of release plans and actual releases. What have they done to you Scottbot? You seem to have been swallowed up by the Meedio abyss. Please tell me that it is going to be worth waiting for whatever it is you are promising. My Home Theatre has been built from the ground up, fully equipped, wired and functioning around my HTPC setup with Meedio and Housebot at the core. Everything works fine from movies, music, TV, automation of screen, lights, fans etc......but with clutsy workarounds. I have noticed that there has not been a great deal of third party development in this area...perhaps because of the promised new version...so we are being doubly frustrated. Make me happy! :(
ezonhold

Post by ezonhold »

Ok i have been playing with meedio for a while and now im ready to take the big plunge, into home automation. I gather that essentials and housebot do not communicated with eachother well. So here is my questions

1. Can you launch and control housebot from within essentials?

2. Can you launch and control essentials from housebot?

3. I realize most of the things you do with housebot require additional hardware like light modules.. But i was wondering if anyone knows of a simple get started tutorial, that does not require anymore then the basic software? It would be nice to have some really simple tutorials that show you how to do simple things.
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

We have a set of plugins that will integrate Meedio Essentials and Meedio HouseBot. They have been in a pre-release state for a while now but we have decided to release them as an open beta. They should appear in MAID within one or two weeks. I will post back here once they are available.
ezonhold

Post by ezonhold »

acheslow wrote:We have a set of plugins that will integrate Meedio Essentials and Meedio HouseBot. They have been in a pre-release state for a while now but we have decided to release them as an open beta. They should appear in MAID within one or two weeks. I will post back here once they are available.

I would appreciate that. What about simple turorials to get started? Like controlling something that doesnt require a hardware module?
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

It really depends on what it is you want to do. What specific problem are you trying to solve?
ezonhold

Post by ezonhold »

acheslow wrote:It really depends on what it is you want to do. What specific problem are you trying to solve?

Im not sure where im going with this. But here would be some wish list items.

* intergrate housebot and essentials together

* Control pretty much anything in the house and outside the house

* Voice recognition. Commands like "Lights On" "Lights Off" "Dim Lights" Dim lights 50% .. how far away is that ? Is it possible now?

Things like that. I have to say just setting modules up to come on and off at different times, is not really something that rings my bell (so to speak)

But to be able to walk in and give a voice command.. Now were talking star trek meets 21st Century.. LOL
blepore

Post by blepore »

acheslow wrote:We have a set of plugins that will integrate Meedio Essentials and Meedio HouseBot. They have been in a pre-release state for a while now but we have decided to release them as an open beta. They should appear in MAID within one or two weeks. I will post back here once they are available.

YEA!!! can't wait :D

Will this beta come with a bi-directional PPC/PDA screen configuration to control Essentials like ToothControl???

Oh, please... oh, please... oh, please!!
ezonhold

Post by ezonhold »

blepore wrote:
YEA!!! can't wait :D

Will this beta come with a bi-directional PPC/PDA screen configuration to control Essentials like ToothControl???

Oh, please... oh, please... oh, please!!

its almost too exciting to think in the next year this will be mainstream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kairos

Post by Kairos »

This is great news. I've been looking just for realtime status from housebot. Basicly a way to make esentials a software remote for housebot. I could care less about PDA control for now. This is perfect timing guys. I'll can't wait to see what it does.
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

OK, if you guys are willing to be guinea pigs before I post this to MAID you can access the pre-beta version here:

http://meedio.com/forum/post-180022.html

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Alan
Last edited by acheslow on Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.