SWRemote.exe

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
ericvic

SWRemote.exe

Post by ericvic »

I'm just playing around with the software remote. I have HouseBot installed on my server and a test/development machine. I created a very small theme on the server and when I try to access it via the test machine using the swremote.exe it starts to load everything up and then crashes.

Both machines are running Win XP Pro and HouseBot 2.22 and the theme has one static text field and one property editor field.

It dies with a 0xC00000005 Access Violation.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Eric,

Are you using the Theme images that came with HouseBot, or are you using some of your own? If you have some of your own, try using the stock ones just for the sake of diagnosis.

Also, since you only have a few controls on the Panel, try removing them one-by-one and see if the problem goes away.
Scott
ericvic

Post by ericvic »

Scott,

I used the sample theme with my remote and it worked fine. I created a theme that only had HBB_Background640.bmp as the background and no other controls and it bombs.

I know it is probably something I'm missing because I have had remotes working before but I'm just getting back into it and I have forgotten much since then.

Eric
ericvic

Post by ericvic »

I figured it out.

If I have "Enable Control Focus Management" checked then it crashes the remote when using a theme that just has a background.

Eric
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Thanks. You should submit a ticket for this in the support system so Pablo and the guys can get it resolved.
Scott