Installing SWRemote on WinCE

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
derek

Installing SWRemote on WinCE

Post by derek »

Hi All,

I have the pleasure of now owning a Fujitsu Stylistic CT2020 Win CE tablet.

Great for Housebot - light weight, 10" touch screen, built in WLAN, up to 1024 x 768. My themes are gonna look great.

Except I can't install SWRemote.exe

I don't have Active Sync available because that requires a cradle that I didn't buy. Dumb! I am in Australia and I had to get the tablet from the Statas as it is not released here so getting a cradle is not an easy matter.

I can copy files from a CF card or even e-mail them to the tablet but when I run SWRemote.exe I get the message

"Cannot find swremote.exe or one of its components. Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available"

Does the exe file have to get copied on to the tablet using Active Sync before it will work?

Will SWRemote.exe work with Win CE.NET V4.2?

I have tried both the PPC and HPC versions for ARM processors.

The tablet has a ARM V4i Processor.

Any help out there.

Thanks

Derek
Last edited by derek on Thu May 19, 2005 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
derek

Post by derek »

Will SWRemote.exe work with Win CE.NET V4.2?
I have tried both the PPC and HPC versions for ARM processors.
The tablet has a ARM V4i Processor.

Help Scott.

Any information on a compile of swremote.exe that will work on this version of CE.

Thanks
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

derek wrote:Help Scott.
Any information on a compile of swremote.exe that will work on this version of CE.
Unfortunately I'm not much help with the various CE platform questions. I've built it for all that I could (well there are a couple of obscure ones that I haven't'). I don't see why the source code couldn't be built for other platforms if you have the tools (which I don't) to do so. You might want to log a formal request for this through the Meedio support ticket system.
Scott