X10 & Housebot in Australia

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
smee

X10 & Housebot in Australia

Post by smee »

Hi all,

Has anyone tried to use Housebot and X10 in Australia? If so how successful have you been, and what X10 products did you use?

Thanks,

smee.
ozhtpc

Housebot and Ocelot/CM11A work fine

Post by ozhtpc »

I have housebot running everything in my home theatre.

It dims the overheads lights, lowers/rasies the screen, dims the seat lighing, powers on/off the ceiling rope lights, turns on/off the exit and on-air lights, turns the exhaust fan on/off, switches the audio equipment on/off

I have an ocelot controller and a cm11a with a variety of X10 switches/dimmers from EON3.

I have housebot set up to start a movie using one button for preset viewing conditions (eg ceiling lights off, dim seat lights, turn on rope,exit & on-air lights, lower screen) and the inverse when the movie finishes.

Once I can do this from meedio to hosuebot I will be fully automated.
smee

Post by smee »

Its cool to know that you've got it working given the seemingly comparatively little products available in the Oz market.

I've seen the ocelot controller before but wasn't sure about it, but knowing it works for you inspires me to make a little visit to the EON3 website :)

Cheers