Attn WinAmp Forum Members

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
spike5884

Attn WinAmp Forum Members

Post by spike5884 »

Is anybody here a member of the WinAmp forums? If you are, can you do me a favor??? :wink:

About a week ago(08-19-2005), I signed up over there. Heard nothing back about my signing-up. I can log on just fine, but I cannot do anything besides read posts. I can't even PM the admin to tell them I have a problem. I have sent emails to webmaster and support with no results. :(

So, if you are a member on the WinAmp forums, can you please tell them to look into my account (Spike5884). From what I can tell, CraigF is the main dude over there. Can you please PM hit on my behalf? I am on my knees now. Please....
Thanks,
Scott J
aka spike5884
PT

Winamp

Post by PT »

Scott J

I have checked the forum and cannot see you listed as a member.

However,I have sent this in the Winamp forum for you.

Hi

I am sendind this on behalf of someone from the Housebot forum could you please resolve.

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:57 pm Post subject: Attn WinAmp Forum Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anybody here a member of the WinAmp forums? If you are, can you do me a favor???

About a week ago(08-19-2005), I signed up over there. Heard nothing back about my signing-up. I can log on just fine, but I cannot do anything besides read posts. I can't even PM the admin to tell them I have a problem. I have sent emails to webmaster and support with no results.

So, if you are a member on the WinAmp forums, can you please tell them to look into my account (Spike5884). From what I can tell, CraigF is the main dude over there. Can you please PM hit on my behalf? I am on my knees now. Please...

Many thanks

PNT

Scott

Have you logged in and subscribed to a forum?
spike5884

Post by spike5884 »

PT,

Thanks for posting the message. Yeah, I am real confused with their forums. I too could not find myself in the member list, but when I am on the webpage, I can see my userid as one of the people online. I have tried everything in trying to figure out why I can't post. Maybe, somehow my registration got screwed up. Will try a last of resort of signing up again under a different Id.
Thanks,
Scott J
aka spike5884
PT

Post by PT »

Scott

Go online now and I will see if I can see you
PT

Post by PT »

Oh and also tell me forum you have subcribed to
PT

Post by PT »

Well I can see you on a forum which one I do not know

Have you gone to MyControl panel and selected a forum to subscribe to?
spike5884

Post by spike5884 »

Thanks for helping out. I think I figured it out for the most part. I tried signing up again with a slightly different userid and email address. Got all the way thru the registration. I read the last message box a couple of times. It said something along the lines of getting a verify email. If instructions in that email are not followed, you will not have rights to do much. Well, I did not get any verify email from them. Have yet to get one for the second time signing up. Guess their system just does not like me.

I ended up contacting a winamp plug-in author directly to get my question answered. So, this is not really an issue for me anymore.
Thanks,
Scott J
aka spike5884
PT

Post by PT »

Glad to see you got what you wanted .If you need to get acces to the forum let me know and I will set up an account for you and activate it. You then can change the details email etc to what you want.