Projection Screen Headache, please Help!

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
talisman

Projection Screen Headache, please Help!

Post by talisman »

Ok i installed HB and pluged in my CM11A. Connected a switch SW10G to my projectore screen. In HB i can get the screen to come all the way down, and back up again, ive linked this into Meedio Essentials as well (very cool)

Prob is I DONT want my screen to come all the way down, is 16:9 ration with big top black border. And i want to be able to get HB to bring the screen down to a specific point and STOP. then when i tell it to go back up t it goes all the way.

Ive been tryin to sort this with DIM properties all day so far and no joy at all.

Is this Possible??? if so HOW, my head hurts please help.
Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
CyberVillain

Post by CyberVillain »

I'm not familiar with HB, but i know electronics, and the motor can only test if the screen is at top or bottom. So this feature need to be timed. The software needs to turn on the motor for a certain time until the screen is at the desired positon, i dont know if HB supports this?
talisman

Post by talisman »

No neither do i mate, been tryin to find something like that all day. but apparantly you are able to calibrate the X10 switch set the height then drop to desired level and it remembers that.

just dont think this is working for me, dodgy switch maybe, ill have to ask on monday what the people think from where i got it from.
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

Most (if not all) projector screens can be adjusted.

There's a 'Elen' screw on the side.
talisman

Post by talisman »

Thanks yaccri there are ellen keys on the side but ill void my warranty if i do that apparently, and for what it costs im not doing that at the mo.

have sorted it out by creating a task (as you have seen) just need to find a way to run the task via IR with Sconi USB plug in, or as a button in Meedio Essentials.
gorfllub

Post by gorfllub »

MAgnetic switches or micro switches..... Mount up a switch that sends a signal to HB or the screen to stop the motor.

Commonly known as a "limit switch". This will then "limit" the travel of the screen.
talisman

Post by talisman »

thanks for your advice gorfllub but ive sortedthis now, thanx
Dakkar

???

Post by Dakkar »

@Talisman

How did you sort it?

Thank you,

Dakkar
talisman