Ir Light dimmer

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
PT

Ir Light dimmer

Post by PT »

Scott

Is there a way to have a button pressed that will keep sending the ir command?ie not repeat.This is for use with ir light dimmer.

The dimmer works fine as on/off but when i use the repeat command it seems to just turn on/off over and over again.

Any ideas

:?: :?

Ok Further info.

I have changed the repeat value in the usbuirt learnt control to have a higher value of say 15-20( as opposed to 4). this now makes the light dim/brighten.( but amount difficult to control)

Also when pushed second time it goes the opposite way!

However it would be good if the button press would directly link to the amount of time the signal was sent for. Is this possible?
Last edited by PT on Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

PT

If it isn't broke,fix it till it is!
talisman

Post by talisman »

Thats an interesting one there PT. What are you using to dim the lights an X10 device or is it the IR light switch itself that dims the light?
Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
PT

Post by PT »

talisman

It is a varilight touch/remote dimmer control switch.ie you can use finger to control or use a remote. The good bit is that it will learn any remote control key.Quick push =on or off. press and hold and it will cycle up and down.

Best of all it looks neat and tidy
Regards

PT

ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Ir Light dimmer

Post by ScottBot »

PT wrote:Is there a way to have a button pressed that will keep sending the ir command?ie not repeat.This is for use with ir light dimmer.
The dimmer works fine as on/off but when i use the repeat command it seems to just turn on/off over and over again.
Any ideas
:?: :?
One thing to try... You can set the 'Repeat Count' for each IR code that you learn, but that makes it difficult to make the value dynamic. However, if you play with the repeat count for the IR code and get it to the smallest value that works, and then also turn the multi-command delay down as low as possible, you might be able to get a button 'repeat' working. There's also the repeat rate of the button you would need to tune... kinda lota trouble :?
Scott
PT

Post by PT »

Scoot

Thanks for the notes, I had already tried and as you say it is too tricky and I wasn't able to get it to work.I was hoping you a had a little trick up your sleeve.

However I seem to have stumbled across a solution. I concatenated the code and varied the repeat amount and everytime it starts from off it will actually go to a set variable ie 100%,75% etc. I am now looking to see if I can set up some task variables for else/if scenario. Not ideal as there is no reporting status but it will do.

Thanks for your response anyway. :)

Talisman

I have manged to set the ir inside the pattress box as well so it keeps the visual lines of the switch.
Regards

PT