Can Housebot and Meedio essentials do this??

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
john f

Can Housebot and Meedio essentials do this??

Post by john f »

I want to have essentials up, and start Theatertek using Playmee ( already do that)

But when TT starts, I want to use z-wave to dim or turn off the lights in the room.

Then when TT closes after the movie is over, return the lights to on.

Can Meedio and Housebot do this seamlessly where do extra buttons are required, or do you first have to go into housebot to dim the light?

I'm really thinking about buying Housebot and Z-wave system, but this is really all I would like it for.

Thanks,

John
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Yes it can do that. With the new housebotconnector (beta) you can start TT from within HouseBot using a task or a script. This task or script can also dim your Z-Wave lights.
john f

Post by john f »

What I want to do is keep using Meedio essentials as my front-end.

Then add housebot running minimized to the system.

Then, from Meedio essentials, play a movie and have housebot do it's thing sight unseen.

I don't want to run housebot as my frontend because I have Meedio set up sweet.

John
talisman

Post by talisman »

It depends how you do it. There is also a program HB_Control.exe which you can run that will alter states in HB.

Currenlty i have mine setup so that when i press play on my remote, Meedio starts to play and my lights turn off.

If i pause Meedio during tv/film (grab more beer :lol: :lol: or pee break, because of the beer) i have the lights come on DIM. Then when i press play again lights go back out.

This all happens in the background so Meedio Ess, is still front end.

Even without a remote i think you should be able to have meedio Excute a command as part of the play option within meedio.
Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
switzch

Post by switzch »

If this is all you want to do I would highly suggest going down the girder route.
talisman

Post by talisman »

Id use sconi as i do its cheaper. :lol:
Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came