How do I send all lights off in housebot?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
wetwired

How do I send all lights off in housebot?

Post by wetwired »

I´m using a cm11 to control my x10 modules. How do I send "all lights off" from housebot?

appreciate all the help I can get :)
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Create an X10 Controller Device. In the Composite Property, set it to something like B;*;All Lights Off. Checkout the online help for the controller device for more specifics on the commands.
Scott
wetwired

Post by wetwired »

Ah, ok, now I get it. Thanks!
wetwired

Post by wetwired »

I spoke too soon. I still don´t get it :)

A controllers Composite Property changes when an X10 signal is sent, how do I get it to stick to B;*;All Lights Off?

And how do I execute a controller so it sends the B;*;All Lights Off command?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Yes the X10 Controller composite property will change to reflect any commands received by the PC also. so the property can be used to both send and receive X10 signals.

You don't need to have the property stay as B;*;All Lights Off. If you want to turn the lights off again, simply set the property to B;*;All Lights Off again. If you are trying to send this from the HouseBot server UI, make sure you do it from the Property page for the Composite Property itself (be sure to click on the "Composite Property" label in the UI to get there), so you can just press ENTER to send the command. It's a bit more cumbersome to set properties this way. The system was really designed to have them set from Software Remotes or Tasks.

If you set the property from anywhere else (Task, Software Remote, Script), it will be sent as soon as you set the property value.

Hope this makes sense....
Scott
wetwired

Post by wetwired »

Thanks, now I understand how the property works and It works great for X10.

Is there anyway to send an all off, all on to my Zwave devices as well?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

wetwired wrote:Is there anyway to send an all off, all on to my Zwave devices as well?
No. But you can create a Task or script to just send the appropriate Off's to a list of devices. ZWave is very fast at sending and it will seem as though they are all going off at the same time.
Scott