Zwave, more than one device in a task is slow

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
wetwired

Zwave, more than one device in a task is slow

Post by wetwired »

When I try to put more than one device in a task, like when turning on a room with four lights. The delay is very long before the task is completeted.

Tasks with only one device is almost instantly completed.

Is this a problem with the zwave USB controller or Housebot? Or is there a better way to turn off many lights at once in houebot?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Shouldn't be a problem. I set the dim level on three different Z-Wave switches in a single Task and it all happens very quickly. There isn't a perceptible difference in the switching of each lamp.

If you have one lamp that is far away I'd add it last in the list. If the Z-Wave network has to retry or take a long route to turn the switch on, it may take longer for the transaction to complete (this is just a guess).
Scott
wetwired

Post by wetwired »

I´ll try that, thanks.

By the way, is there a way to send group on/off and all on/off via the USB interface?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

wetwired wrote:By the way, is there a way to send group on/off and all on/off via the USB interface?
Nope. For myself, controlling the individual devices happens so fast that I haven't had a need for grouping commands.
Scott
interruptvector

same here..

Post by interruptvector »

My experience is the same as Scottbot... I find the response time very fast for turning lights on or off.. Even with many devices in a room, etc.

My only problem remains the USB interface itself hanging after an hour or two.. I had to setup an automatic script to restart housebot every hour so that the USB interface gets reinitialized! :cry:

Not ideal, but it works! :)
wetwired

Post by wetwired »

Ok, so I redid the the whole zwave installation. I reset every unit and did a factory reset on the remote. Deleted everything in housebot and cleared the USB controller. Now I have every device in group one and so far everything seems to work a lot better.

Fingers crossed.