X10 palm pad and repeated composite codes

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
TakeFlight

X10 palm pad and repeated composite codes

Post by TakeFlight »

When you press a button on the X10 palm pad it sends out multiple codes unless you are really quick with the button push. I want to make tasks that execute based on a particular palm pad button being pushed. Unforunately, these tasks execute multiple times in a row if you aren't quick enough with the button push because the palm pad will send multiple codes. How can I avoid this? I'm testing to see a particular house code/unit code with the Composite Property of the X10 Controller device. I thought if I turned off the "Allow Same Value Changes" that maybe it would fix the problem but it does not. I'm using the W800 with my housebot server. It seems as if these codes are in a buffer somewhere (maybe the W800)? If I hold a button down for several seconds and then look at the History tab of the Composite Property it spends the next 30-60 seconds repeating the same code over and over.

Any ways around this?
TakeFlight

Post by TakeFlight »

So, nobody has come across this problem? :? Or is it such an easy/obvious workaround or fix that nobody wants to reply. :wink:

I realize there's not a ton of activity on this forum but I figured one of the regulars here is sure to have come across this issue. I know people are using Palm Pads in this fashion.