XML Hardware Definition File [] missing?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

XML Hardware Definition File [] missing?

Post by Osler »

I'm new to HouseBot and am doing my initial set-up. I created a new hardware interface for a GC-100 and now when HouseBot loads or I disable/enable the GC-100 I get an error that states "Unable to find XML Hardware Definition File []".

I have created a remote in the remote control library and populated it with the appropriate pronto codes. I have not yet created a new IR device.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

GC-100 works as it should despite the lack of the xml file. I have also created the IR device to link IR codes to properties, but still am getting the error I described.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Go into the "Serial Command Configuration" tab on the HouseBot GC100 Additional Configuration panel and see what you have selected for the "Serial Definition". Make sure something is selected there. Even if it is the "* Select Definition*" item.
Scott
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

The "*Select Definition*" was in the list box and hitting "save" while in this state corrected the problem. Thanks Scott. Great product.

On another note, once I have used a preconfigured IRDevice (tuner, DSS receiver, etc), I can't go back and add new property values to that device, correct? I have tried doing this and the already configured devices using those preconfigurations seem to go on vacation (i.e., Housebot throws an error stating that IRDevice "DSS receiver" named "XYZ" can not be found.