Does HouseBot 2.3 accept Meedio License Key

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
osetivo

Does HouseBot 2.3 accept Meedio License Key

Post by osetivo »

I'm considering doing a reinstallation of HB from scratch and was wondering if the my Meedio license key will work on the new 2.3?
Scott
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

http://www.cebotics.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=855505

ScottBot wrote:

I've attached a small program (you must be logged in to see the attachment) that will copy the old Meedio HouseBot registry keys into the new location. This program should be executed after running the new setup.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Does HouseBot 2.3 accept Meedio License Key

Post by ScottBot »

osetivo wrote:I'm considering doing a reinstallation of HB from scratch and was wondering if the my Meedio license key will work on the new 2.3?
It should. Please let me know if it doesn't.
Scott
osetivo

Re: Does HouseBot 2.3 accept Meedio License Key

Post by osetivo »

ScottBot wrote:
osetivo wrote:I'm considering doing a reinstallation of HB from scratch and was wondering if the my Meedio license key will work on the new 2.3?
It should. Please let me know if it doesn't.
thanks, I don't think I'll get to it until next weekend, but I'll let you know.

FYI: I had previously read the 2.3 migration thread and downloaded the tool, but didn't think "registry keys" mean license key info. I guess I was thinking that there were registry name changes, etc.

thanks again
Scott
art

Registration Key

Post by art »

Hi,

Anyway to get my registration key? I can't find it and need to reintstall HB on a new computer after a HD crash.

Thanks,

Art
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Registration Key

Post by ScottBot »

art wrote:Hi,

Anyway to get my registration key? I can't find it and need to reintstall HB on a new computer after a HD crash.

Thanks,

Art
You would need to contact Meedio (PsyKoh) directly for that information. I don't have any of the past sales/license information.
Scott
Naylia

Post by Naylia »

Scott,

If i have never installed Meedio's version before, but have a meedio key, do I have to install a Meedio version and then install your version? Or could I trade in my key or something?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You should be able to just install the NEW version of HouseBot and use the old Meedio key. I could have required a new key for the new version, since all of the existing sales were to Meedio, but I didn't think that would be a nice thing to do to the users who have held on for the last two years. Granted, I have to manage the support for the old Meedio sales, but hopefully everyone will do me the service and upgrade to a newer feature upgrade at some point...
Scott
Naylia

Post by Naylia »

Thanks Scott...that'll make life easier. I appreciate you continuing to support the product (especially as I didn't pay Meedio either, but won Housebot in a contest :) )...should I get it working with XLobby you may find pizza and beer flowing your direction in gratitude.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Just curious, where did you win HouseBot in a contest?
Scott
Naylia

Post by Naylia »

HTPCNews.com....it was Meedio Essentials w/ Housebot package. But I was pretty heavily involved in XLobby at that point so didn't play with it at all. Now that the HTPC is pretty rock solid, I'm starting to look into how I can extended its capabilities and HA seemed like a good next step (even if it's just to auto-dim lights on a movie starting in my family room :) ).
AM

Post by AM »

Scott,

I agree with Naylia, if you can integrate Housebot with Xlobby you would have a winning combination. At the moment I am running Xlobby and Housebot in paralell by splitting the screen of the software remote between Xlobby and Housebot. With Xlobby I control the "Jukebox" while all my AV hardware is controlled by Housebot...
Naylia

Post by Naylia »

AM,

Responding to your post elsewhere... moved discussion here:
http://www.cebotics.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=444113