System Info

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

My fault. The extension should have been HBX, not ZIP as Dave pointed out.
Rename the ZIP file to PC_Info.hbx and put it in the Export directory. Then stop and restart HouseBot and it should get imported.
That's pretty much all dragging and dropping does for you. Except put it in the Import directory, not the Export.
Scott
HB Guy

Post by HB Guy »

Thanks for that tip. After staring at the raw internals of an HBX file I realized I was looking at a compressed file (first two characters are "PK"). I was about to zip the ConfigExport.xml when you replied. I now realize there is no need to unzip the original file but simply to rename it from .zip to .hbx.

So HBX Export files are simply ZIP files containing XML, VBS, and probably other things I haven't seen yet. Very slick.
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

Import/Export - what's the difference! :wink:
HB Guy

Post by HB Guy »

:wink: Yup, it's all relative to where you're standing.

With my newfound knowledge (thank you gents), I've tuned Windows Explorer to treat HBX files as ZIP files (folders, whatever) and can now open and explore them conveniently. Lots of interesting stuff in them; lots to learn.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Or just create one Startup task which executes other tasks that should be started at startup. My Startup task executes three other tasks that should be started at startup.
martijnj wrote:
ScottBot wrote:FYI: Also, it creates a startuP Task now. Notice the upper case P. In HouseBot you can have multiple startup tasks by using different case combinations of the name STARTUP.

idea: maybe for the wishlist. Make a Group in Housebot called startup and let all tasks in that group me started at startup. This Solves: startup, Startup, STartup,.....,STARTUP.
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

That's a great idea Richard! :D