Dynamic Properties

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
ericvic

Dynamic Properties

Post by ericvic »

I tried a search and got a few hits but couldn't find the answer to my question.

I'm creating a device that will contain a list of DVDs in my changer to be displayed on a software remote. There will also be another property that will the filter the list by genre. If I need to chage the values in the list when the genre changes do I need to use a dynamic property?

Also it would be nice if I could keep up with the disc number in the same list without having it show to the user. I can come up with other ways to do that if it is not easily done in the list.

Thanks,
Eric
Hobby Boards
Complete 1-Wire solutions
http://www.hobby-boards.com
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Dynamic Properties

Post by ScottBot »

ericvic wrote:I'm creating a device that will contain a list of DVDs in my changer to be displayed on a software remote. There will also be another property that will the filter the list by genre. If I need to chage the values in the list when the genre changes do I need to use a dynamic property?
I think you could use a regular alpha-list property. The Device will be notified when the filter property changes and can then update the list.
Also it would be nice if I could keep up with the disc number in the same list without having it show to the user. I can come up with other ways to do that if it is not easily done in the list.
Not sure on that one. You could just use another property for the disc number.
Scott
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

You could put this in the alphalist lines before the TAB so it is available when you select an alphalist line, but hidden from the view unless you also display this disc number after the TAB.
Also it would be nice if I could keep up with the disc number in the same list without having it show to the user.