Meedio / HouseBot Connector

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Meedio / HouseBot Connector

Post by Richard Naninck »

Found a way to connect to meedio's SQLite 2 databased libraries using vbscript.
I already created a theme panel containing all of Meedio's collected (imported) weather data and am working on interfacing the movies database. It is not as generic as a connector would have been, but since this part of the connector never cam about, this is probably better than nothing.
I am writing this here to check out if there are still people around interested in this type of connection with Meedio. The connector alreay takes care of control of Meedio from HouseBot and now the Meedio's libraries also become available in a very easy way.
I am not at all interested in the other way around meaning control of HouseBot using Meedio since I think that HouseBot should be the control center and not the other way around. Meedio is just there for displaying pictures, movies and TV.
Just let me know if you are interested by replying to this thread and I will post some stuff to get others going as well.
Oh and btw, is everybody on holiday or why is it so quiet here???
Davieboy

Post by Davieboy »

Hi richard i would still be interested in exactly what your talking about. I agree with housebot being the controller and that the meedio libraries are really whats missing
Richard Naninck

PM me and I will send you a script with some additional info to get you going.
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Hi Richard-

I'm not running Meedio (yet) but I have general interest in how you hook up to a database . . . could you share the script?

thanks

Markd
Richard Naninck

Just uploaded one of my scripts in the scripts section of the forum..
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Thank you. I will take a look!
Rayth Kaled

Post by Rayth Kaled »

Richard,

Like you have done, I am interested in interfacing Housebot with the Meedio Library, at the minute I have two uses in mind.

1. Access the Music Library from a Software Remote, to select specific tracks and play them from my Meedio HTPC.

2. Maybe a tricky one, my Sub has some presets for different Movie genres, at the moment I have setup housebot to send the IR code to change the presets, and I just change it in the Meedio menu manually before I watch the Movie.
What would be good if I can get housebot to read the genre of the movie I select to play, which is stored in a field in the Movie database and then run a task which sends the correct IR code to the Sub!

Are either of these scenarios possible ?

Neil
Richard Naninck

Both of them are possible. The music interface is up and running and I do the same for movies, weather, trailers, EPG and TV recordings.

Attached is a screenshot from my music panel.

Is is not very easy to setup and it requires a certain database setup. Al my albums contain a coverart jpg because I use ID3V2 (I thing) tags. I doesn't display coverart with ID3V3 tags when the coverart is set in the tag itself.

Also a meediomessages script is running to be able to display and setup playlists and display nowplaying and running time.

If you are any good in scripting, I guess you can set it up as well.

As for the movie subwoofer settings versus genres, this can be done as well. The genre is stored in the database and displayed on my movie panel. It is possible to sort the movies using the genre filter. When pressing Play form HouseBot, the Genre will be set and you can trigger a task to fire the right IR code for the sub.
Attachments
Jukebox.PNG
Jukebox.PNG (174.17 KiB) Viewed 2077 times