Theme panel holes

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Theme panel holes

Post by Richard Naninck »

Scott,

While using the SWRemote, something occured to me today.
In the lower left and lower right corners of the XGA (1024 x 768) panels I see in each corner a horizontal line of about 5 pixels. This line is so transparant that my desktop shines through it and when I move my mouse cursor on top of it, I even get balloons telling I positioned the mouse over the Start button in the lower left corner or the time in the lower right corner. When double clicking the mouse I can even get the taskbar to appear. I am very sure that my used theme panel backgrounds are not transparant on these coordinates, so it must be something in the swremote itself.
Why is that and do you even know about it, or am I the only seeing this?
Attached image explaines what I am seeing.
Look carefully for the light blue lines in the corners marked by the red arrows. In the left corner you can even see the balloon because I positioned my mouse cursor over it, but the mouse arrow does not show in the screen grab.
Attachments
naamloos.JPG
naamloos.JPG (98.68 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I've not heard of that before. Make sure you have the "Image uses background transparency..." unchecked on the panel background properties. You may also want to try and change the background color.
Scott
Richard Naninck

OK, flabbergasted. I am glad I made a screenshot because it proves I am not just seeing things, but now it is not there anymore. For sure this is not in my background(s) and although I did have transparancy set at almost all panels backgrounds, I tested before I changed it to no transparancy.
I can't figure out why it's not there anymore. I even saw it on remote swremotes.
OK, just let it be.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

It might be some oddity with jpeg compression (assuming you are using jpg backgrounds). If you had a color that was close to the color set for the transparency color, maybe it was decoded differently..... I don't know.
Scott
Richard Naninck

Scott,

Could it be that my setup just became a lot quicker because I disabled transparancy on my backgrounds?

Not sure, but it appears more agile?
Richard Naninck

ScottBot wrote:It might be some oddity with jpeg compression (assuming you are using jpg backgrounds). If you had a color that was close to the color set for the transparency color, maybe it was decoded differently..... I don't know.
Backgrounds are .jpg's, but the transparancy color was black and doesn't (appear to) come close.
Although this explanation makes some sense. I will keep a sharp look out, but think I won't see it again now that I disabled transparancy.