Context Panel name

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Context Panel name

Post by Richard Naninck »

Scott,

Yesterday I first found use for the new context feature in my currect theme. It just never occured to me before but I have 3 similar looking small panels for lights control. 3 Different panel change buttons popped 3 different (same looking) lights panels even at the same position on screen. So I put a context name in each of the 3 panel change buttons and assigned the lights panel buttons accordingly.

The only thing I am missing right now is the panel title. Each of the 3 panels were equal except for the title name. One was called Living room and the other Kitchen etc. Now because of the context I only have one panel left hence one title. So I called it lights control. is there something I am not thinking about right now to put a dynamic title in a panel that maybe takes the name of the context?

Although this should be possible using a script, I don't want to do that because it defeats the purpose. If it cannot be done, it might be a feature request. -> Ability to display the context in a static label somewhere on the panel.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Use the new "Remote Label" theme control. You can have it dynamically show either the panel name or the context name.
Scott
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

ScottBot wrote:Use the new "Remote Label" theme control. You can have it dynamically show either the panel name or the context name.
If I didn't know better I would think you had access to my PC and sneaked it in.
Where or when did I miss this? Never noticed it and didn't read about it in the release notes. I see it is in the help files though. Probably discussed in combination with PDA's and battery level.
Just love these kinds of feature requests that are already there. That label just makes perfect sense.

Thnx