Numeric keypad as shortcut for buttons?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
wallebalboa

Numeric keypad as shortcut for buttons?

Post by wallebalboa »

Hello.
i like the key shortcut functionality new in 3.0 alot!
this make it possible to use old laptops as touchscreen replacements...!

however i dont get it working with numeric keys... (num keypad). is it possible to enter keycodes or is it an enhancement to add an extra radiobutton to ctrl alt ....... (maybe good to add F1, F2 , play ff rew. etc... too)

why do i need this then ;)... just easy to add a extra numeric keypad to control HB...

regs AW
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Good question, and I'm sure I forgot to cover this in the online help. It IS possible to use keys beyond the simple alpha key-characters that you can enter in the shortcut field.

The shortcut edit field on the shortcut tab will accept 'virtual key codes' in addition to the simple character codes. To enter a virtual key code, enter it as VK_0xaa. Replace the aa with the hex code of the virtual key. For a list of the virtual key hex codes, see this page. So, for example, to use F1 as the shortcut key you would enter VK_0x70.

You may not be able to use all of the 'second key' combinations with the virtual keys, but this should at least get you closer to your goal.
Scott
wallebalboa

Post by wallebalboa »

Great!
Need to update the documentation only ;)
This is what i call good customer responsivness..
Its xactly what i requested!! and as usalll fast reply from you tooo..
kind regs Anders