Black background issue

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
incoronado

Post by incoronado »

My buttons aren't even on top of anything--except panel background image. They still do this. I would venture to guess, as dlmorgan999 pointed out, dynamic images don't have to be on the same panel. I bet the reason this happens more on different machines because it is a timing thing. Other than that, I can't believe it's related to hardware. I have no other issues or symptoms of other problems in other apps. It seems as though when you change an image whether through a button or other image, and it is in the process of changing the dynamic image it does something else that effects the redraw of the transparent part of the image or event related to a change in an image. It's almost like a variable scope issue. These types of problems are notoriously hard to pin down.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Right. I meant hardware related because different pc's act differently. Defenitaly this should be fixed in software and not hardware.
Nice that it gets a little attention now. Maybe we can pinn it down with some combined effort using different setups and different swremote themes.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Good news. There will be a fix for this problem in the next release.
There was a small window of opportunity for this to happen if the drawing thread and the background building thread were both entered in a very specific order and timing.
Scott
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

You ROCK!

I am heavily into beefing up my theme with dynamic images and it became more and more a problem but only after adding images to the panels.

Last night I tried setting the layer for each image to something more intelligent. Some of my layers went all the way up to 31. I guess that if you duplicate an image the layer number increases by one. So I figured this might have had something to do with it, but it didn't.

Knowing that this is going to be fixed is good enough for me!

Thnx