GC-100 Not working

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jonkjon

GC-100 Not working

Post by jonkjon »

I have been extensively testing HB with a couple of powermids for the past week waiting for my gc-100 to arrive. I received the Gc-100 today and to my dismay, it's not working. I have learned quite a few ir codes (pronto) for my usbuirt device and they have been woking flawlessly. The ir emitter that came with the gc-100 is flashing with the codes that i have been using but, they arent controlling anything. I have moved the emitter to immediate contact with the ir sensor of my Onkyo receiver, my Samsung tv, My panasonic dvd player, my directv receiver and nothing, nada, zilch. Please tell me that i am missing something simple. One thing that i noticed also is that when i click the apply button inside of the web configuration for the gc100, it takes FOREVER for the page to reload with the updated settings. This doesn't seem right to me. The changes are taking effect apparently as the values are updated when i do a manual reload of the web config page. I have cleared my temp files and history to confirm this.........
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: GC-100 Not working

Post by ScottBot »

jonkjon wrote:One thing that i noticed also is that when i click the apply button inside of the web configuration for the gc100, it takes FOREVER for the page to reload with the updated settings.
Mine takes a long long time to return also.

A couple of things to try... Go into the GC-100 Hardware Interface configuration and click on the 'GC-100 Information' tab. Let me know the version numbers for your IR modules.

Also, enable a hardware interface trace for the GC-100. That may give us some clues. Here's info on how to do that.
Scott
jonkjon

Post by jonkjon »

Thanks for the quick reply Scott. The IR module version is 2.4-06. I have enabled tracing as well.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

The version that I have and have tested with is 2.2-12, so I guess there's a chance that something changed in the GC-100 firmware that could be the issue. Send me the interface trace after you have sent a few IR codes. Make sure you get the enabling of the interface in the trace (just disable and re-enable it if you didn't start HB with the trace running).

One thing that will test the GC-100 and emitter and take HouseBot out of the picture, is to use the IR Test Utility found here.
Scott
jonkjon

Post by jonkjon »

Scott, where do i send the interface trace csv file to? I have perused the file and all it seems to show is the gc 100 is sucessfully sending the ir code. Again, the ir flasher is flashing but the Onkyo (for example ) won't do anything.......
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Send it to [email protected]. I'm afraid that if the flasher is flashing, the trace will probably look good.

Make sure you try the test utility with the exact pronto codes you are sending via HouseBot. Maybe the flasher is bad (even though it's flashing).
Scott
jonkjon

Post by jonkjon »

It Works! While the ir flasher was flashing, it wasn't very bright. I changed to a dual head ir flasher, which seems brighter, and it worked. Just for fun, i switched back to the single flasher (one of the ones that ships with the gc-100) and got it to work also but the placement of that particular ir flasher is very critical ( within about 1/8th inch or less). Thanks again for your help Scott......