HB 3.01 Upgrade path

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

HB 3.01 Upgrade path

Post by Steve Horn »

Well this is dumb, but is this (HB 3.01) a free upgrade to those with 3.00.01? Its not clear (at least to me) from the download page what is free, what requires $ (though it says 2.x or newer to the latest is $10), what requires a license key, where to go to get 3.01 for free (if it is free). :oops:
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Good questions. All 3.x versions (including 3.01) will be a free upgrade to any licensed version 3 installs (whether you bought the full license or upgrade).

You can just download the 3.01 version from the web site. If you install it over an licensed version of 3.x, it will become fully licensed after install (you don't have to enter the key again, and it won't display the 30 day trial message).

Hope that makes it a little more clear.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

I downloaded it (prior to my post) and was going to install it on top of 3.00.01 figuring it would either allow it or not. But I figured I'd post the question just to get the upgrade path (at least this one) "on the record". Thanks! :D
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I updated the download page to, hopefully, make it a little more clear.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Oh yes - much clearer! Even I can understand it :D
Steve
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

I had some problems too, but I got there in the end.

Scott; Thanks very much again for this update. By reading the release notes, it seems it fixes lots of reported bugs. Good work!!!
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

I'm in!

Thanks Scott!

Markd