Prop Value Sub

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
bryan

Prop Value Sub

Post by bryan »

I'm trying to sample the system time (without seconds) into a user defined time variable in a timer device. I'm doing this inside a task, where I select the timerdevice.usertimevariable, select PV Sub, and then select the system time variable. There's a system "beep" and a parser error. Of course, when I run the task, it doesn't work as envisioned (or at all). The timer variable is never changed. I'm running 3.01.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bryan
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

It's a bug. The problem is that it is using the display value for the time when inserting the substitution instead of the normalized configuration value (like Hours=2, Minutes=3, etc) and has an error parsing the 2:03 (as an example) value.

The only workaround that I can think of would be to have a script normalize the time into the configuration format described in the online help under the "Property Value Formats" section and then use that value in your Task. Of course, if you go through all of the trouble to normalize the time in the script, you can probably do away with the Task and maybe even the normalization entirely.
Scott