Task Opening and Closing Panels

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Task Opening and Closing Panels

Post by Richard Naninck »

Scott;

Why isn't this working?

If bla bla
Close Panel 'Now Playing Server' on All Remotes
Open Panel 'Now PLaying Media' on All Remotes
Else If bla bla
Close Panel 'Now Playing Media' on All Remotes
Open Panel 'Now Playing Server' on All Remotes

Both panels overlap eachother with the same x,y and width and height, but display different data. Context is not an option here. The task is executed while changing a Null device property. The task does execute, but the panels just don't close!. If I try Minimize Remote I have to set it to All Remotes for it to even work. Calling Remote doesn't work?

Am I missing something?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I just created what I think is what you are trying to do, and it seems to work fine.

Make sure both 'Now Playing' panels are set as pop-ups. I set mine as fixed position windows.

'Calling Remote' won't work because the task is being initiated from a Device Property change. If you called the task from an Execute Task button on the remote, it would work.
Scott
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

I change a property value with a theme button and upon that change, the task is fired. I can't get it to work so I tried some script solutions. Now I close the panel using a script command and I open the new panel in the task. That works fine however it shouldn't have to be that way. I need to look into it again since it was nighttime yesterday. If I get it to work, I will report back here.