Designating panel to open or close in a task

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Designating panel to open or close in a task

Post by Steve Horn »

What is the format to use to designate the panel to open or close in a task? That is, '<theme name>/<panel name>' or how? I have a 'Lighting' panel in the 'Theater' theme I want to have a timer close after x seconds. Opening the panel would kick off a task that starts the timer and (I guess) another task that watches the timer and when the running property is No, then closes the panel. Dunno how to specify the panel name in the task though. Make sense?
Steve
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

In the Lighting panel 'Enter' list, add a name of a task that would fire the timer.

Create an automatic task (When conditions are met) that checks the running state of the timer and closes the panel.

No need to use the theme name - only the panel name. Make sure to use the exact panel name with the proper capital letters.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Thanks, I'll try it out! (For some reason, I thought that the theme name needed to be included due to the HB server having like named panels in different themes that may be "running".)
Steve
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

If 'calling remote' does not work in the task, try it for all remotes and it will work.
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

It will run only on 'all remotes', because there is no calling remote. The task was called by another task and not by a remote.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

yaccri wrote:It will run only on 'all remotes', because there is no calling remote. The task was called by another task and not by a remote.
That's what I was saying (kind off). An execute theme button works for a calling remote but a stand alone task needs all remotes. Came across the same issue a few days ago and went for script Open and CloseRemotePanel instead. That will always work.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Didn't work using Calling Remote, but works fine using 'All Remotes'. Thanks for the help!
Steve