Has anyone written a weather.com script for HB

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
James D

Has anyone written a weather.com script for HB

Post by James D »

I am currently looking for a script that parse the Weather.com xml feed. I thought I saw a post on the HouseBot forum a while ago, but I looked again to no avail. I some one can help me, I would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
James
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

You can use the Yahoo weather script here:

http://www.housebot.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=855774

If you want to use weather.com then you will need to change the target URL in the script and change the xml tags the XMLDom object uses to match the weather.com format.

If you need help, just ask.

Osler
James D

Post by James D »

It works like a charm. I had one issue, at the beginning I have two CurrentWeather in my HB configuration. The one I inputed cerrently as called CurrentWeather-1 so the script was not populating the fields. WHY!!! Because it was looking for CurrentWeather. Duh... It looks good Osler. Thanks for all the help. Sometimes you just need to walk away from the computer for a while, and come back and then the answer is right before your face saying PICK ME, PICK ME...
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Hehe...yeah, it's the obvious things that end up killing you.

Osler
James D

Post by James D »

Hey Olser,

Can you post your finish Yahoo Weather screenshot or even others screenshots. I am just looking for some ideas. I recalled seeing someone's weather screenshot on the forum. But I can not remember where it was.

I would appreciate that.

Thanks for all you help,
James
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

I don't have a weather screen per se. I have 2 dynamic images that are displayed in the bottom right corner of my panels. Image 1 is the .png associated with the weather number for the current weather and image 2 is the .png associated with the weather number for tomorrows forecast. I have a property label overlaying image 1 that displays current temperature. I have 2 property lables overlaying image 2 that display the forecasted high and low temperature for tomorrow. That's really all I need...but you could go hog wild and pull in radar and all of that stuff in a seperate weather screen.

Osler
James D

Post by James D »

I went hog wild. LOL. I just came up with an elementary one for now. I will change it when I start finalizing my whole HB configuration. It is right on schedule for completion for June 2018. LoL

Attached is a jpg of my current screenshot.
Attachments
WEATHER.jpg
WEATHER.jpg (41.36 KiB) Viewed 2064 times