Automatic on/off of Pocket PC SWremotes?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
loo_hoo_ser

Automatic on/off of Pocket PC SWremotes?

Post by loo_hoo_ser »

Hi all -

I have several Pocket PC's that I use as SW remotes for my HB. They all have WiFi capability. I would like to set them in a cradle and have them turn on automatically during the evening and weekends (when we're home) and turn off during the nighttime when we're asleep and during the weekday when no one is home.

I looked around and can't seem to find a program that I can use for the pocket PC's to turn on and off (or standby on/off) the Pocket PC at scheduled times.

I did come across what is called a notification database which is used to schedule task events but I don't know how to manipulate that or even it could be used to do what I described above.

Has anyone done this for their pocket PC based SW remote, and how did you do it?

Thanks.
vcruz77

Post by vcruz77 »

I had the same situation with my Airpanel and my PDA. What I ended up doing was connecting the cradle to an appliance module (insteon). Whenever I am away (motion not detected for 1 hour or alarm armed) Housebot will turn off the appliance module cutting the power from the cradles. This will turn off the PDA / Airpanel in the cradle based on the power settings (after XX minutes on battery). When I am back the house status changes to occupied and then Housebot powers up the cradles turning on the Airpanel and PDA. By the time I am in the living room the Airpanel / PDA are already on and the SWRemote already connected to Housebot.

Hope it helps,

Victor