Insteon Time Outs

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
jonkjon

Insteon Time Outs

Post by jonkjon »

I am getting a lot of Insteon timeout errors. The switches are working fine from HB. It seems that the problem is trying to get status information. I have other Insteon software that doesn't experience the problems so i'm not sure what's going on here.
For example i can be at the HB computer and my wife turns off a light somewhere else in the house. I hear the error tone and see that i got an Insteon command timed out error message. I see in the log that HB sees the light go off. Then why the error?
I am using the powerlinc v2 module. As i said, i can go immediately into say the Smarthome timer software and reliably see the status change repeatedly. I guess i am confused as to what the error is. HB sees a light go off, logs the correct info about it, and then reports that the command timed out. hmmmmm....maybe HB isn't getting the status response quickly enough. But why only in HB??? Thanks in advance..
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Can you give me the exact error message you are seeing?

Also, is this only when HB is NOT sending the command (generated from a switch)?

And, roughly, how long between the event and the timeout message is it?
Scott
jonkjon

Post by jonkjon »

The exact error message that i am receiving from HB shows in the statusbar as "Error: Insteon Command Timed out"

The error appears when HB is not sending the command. It is triggered from the switch.

As far as the time between the event and the timeout, it appears to be almost instantaneous.

Hope this helps.....
jonkjon

Post by jonkjon »

Have you been able to determine anything about this?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Not yet, sorry. Been really busy, but I hope to get a chance to look at it this week.
Scott
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

The "Insteon Command Timed out" message is only generated when you go to send an Insteon command from HB and have to wait more than 10 seconds for the prior command being sent from HB to complete. It *should* have nothing to do with receiving commands via the power line.

Check to make sure that you are not somehow picking up the command and re-sending it.

Actually, if you could run an interface trace and send me the output, that might be helpful.
Scott
jonkjon

Post by jonkjon »

Scott,
I sent the interface trace to you at the cebotics support contact address. I hope that was o.k.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I got it, and sent you a reply.
Scott