Error 10054: Best way to recover

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Error 10054: Best way to recover

Post by Steve Horn »

I haven't seen anything in the forum about the best (easiest, quickest, most graceful) way to recover from streaming 10054 errors. I just recovered from such an event by rebooting all (4) SW remotes (SW remote app as well as Windows) as well as restarting the HB server. Based on my limited understanding of the meaning of the message, I suspect one of my SW remotes (running on a WIN98 box) caused the original problem. But does restarting just that remote app (and/or just that box), or also the HB server app resolve the problem (clear the queue). Or does it take a restart (just SW remote app or that as well as WIN restart) of all remotes SW remotes?
Steve
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Re: Error 10054: Best way to recover

Post by Osler »

Steve:

Make sure you are referencing/using the latest version of the SWRemote. I had been having this issue during the beta and it appeared to be associated with RDP sessions into the server; however, this hasn't cropped up with the latest release.

And yes, killing the local swremote and restarting it should enable you to recover.

Osler