RFXCOM & RCS Avidsen 103102

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
robobbi

RFXCOM & RCS Avidsen 103102

Post by robobbi »

Is there someone who can help me? I'm not able to swith on/off an Avidsen remote control socket (Mod. 103102) using Housebot & RFXCOM USB Interface (Transmitter). I succeded in it just using the testing software RTransmitter with 48bit mode enable, sending the On/Off commands via "X10 lighting" function (the strings transmitted are "2034CB48B7" x On and "2034CB6897" x Off).
Thanks
b_weijenberg

Re: RFXCOM & RCS Avidsen 103102

Post by b_weijenberg »

If you configure the module as a X10 module with address P15 it should operate.
Enable trace on the transmitter to check if the correct packet is transmitted.

Bert
robobbi

Post by robobbi »

Bert, thanks for reply.

I hope to have properly followed your istructions:

1. activated the tracing/debug option on the TX & RX Interface

2. Configured RFXCOM TX Interface with the following configuration:

- Receiver HAndshake: Disabled
- Transmit ARC: Disabled
- Transmit Harrison: Disabled
- Transmit X10: Enabled

3. Created X10 Appliance Module device with House/Unit Code set to P15.

4. Switched the device on/off using either "Power State" or "Direct X10 command" with the following errors:

"RFXCOM TX","Error","Error X10 Command [Off] is not supported"
"Property:Power State","Error","Due to an error, Device [X10 Appliance Module] Property [Power State] DID NOT change."
"RFXCOM TX","Error","Error X10 Command [On] is not supported"
"Property:Power State","Error","Due to an error, Device [X10 Appliance Module] Property [Power State] DID NOT change."
"RFXCOM TX","Error","Error X10 Command [Off] is not supported"
"Property:Direct X10 Command","Error","Due to an error, Device [X10 Appliance Module] Property [Direct X10 Command] DID NOT change."
"RFXCOM TX","Error","Error X10 Command [On] is not supported"
"Property:Direct X10 Command","Error","Due to an error, Device [X10 Appliance Module] Property [Direct X10 Command] DID NOT change."

5. Changed the House/Unit Code to P14 and no errors occur, with the following debug data:

"RFXCOM TX","Debug","Data Sending [20 34 cb 50 af]"
"RFXCOM TX","Debug","Data Sending [20 34 cb 70 8f]"
"RFXCOM RX","Debug","RFXCOM Receiver received raw data [34 cb 70 8f] (ignored - debounced)."
"RFXCOM RX","Debug","Sending Subscription Notification for list [RFXCOM_Rx]"
"RFXCOM RX","Debug","Receiving Variable Len Command. Length = 4 bytes (bits = 32)"
"RFXCOM RX","Debug","Variable Length Command Received. Data = [34 CB 70 8F]. Length = [4] (bits = 32)"
"RFXCOM RX","Debug","RFXCOM Receiver received raw data [34 cb 70 8f]."
"RFXCOM RX","Debug","X-10 Command Received. HC = [P], UC = [14], CMD = [Off]"
"RFXCOM RX","Debug","Sending Subscription Notification for list [X10 Reception]"
"RFXCOM RX","Debug","Sending Subscription Notification for list [X10 Reception (ALL)]"
"RFXCOM RX","Debug","Sending Subscription Notification for list [RFXCOM_Rx]"
"RFXCOM RX","Debug","Receiving Variable Len Command. Length = 4 bytes (bits = 32)"
"RFXCOM RX","Debug","Variable Length Command Received. Data = [34 CB 70 8F]. Length = [4] (bits = 32)"
"RFXCOM RX","Debug","RFXCOM Receiver received raw data [34 cb 70 8f] (ignored - debounced)."

Thanks again for support !!!
robobbi

Post by robobbi »

Bert,
I forgot to tell you that when I used P14 in housebot device config no real appliance was set to P14. Unfortunately these Avidsen socket/appliances would seem to work with RFXCOM just on some house/unit codes (eg. P15, L15, ..) so I need to use only these codes ... which seem to have this kind of problem with Housebot :(
Any your further suggestion would be very appreciated.
b_weijenberg

Post by b_weijenberg »

The error with P15 not supported in HouseBot can be solved by Scott.

It is preferred to select "Use handshake' in the transmitter configuration. The function of this handshake is:
1. The transmitter is only allowed to transmit if the receiver does not receive data. This avoids RF collisions as much as possible.
2. The receiver stops receiving during the time the transmitter is active. So data transmitted is not received back and endless loops are eliminated.

The 2 port RFXCOM Ethernet interfaces have the handshake connection inside the box. For the 1 port RFXCOM Ethernet interface and the USB interface an external handshake cable is necessary. See the Handshake installation.pdf for details how to install this cable connection.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

b_weijenberg wrote:The error with P15 not supported in HouseBot can be solved by Scott.
I think I found and fixed the problem. Try downloading, unzipping, and copying these new plugins into your \HouseBot\Plugins\Interfaces directory.
Scott
robobbi

Post by robobbi »

Scott, thanks ... dll copied but ... the errors occured again.
I found further codes which seems to be managed by RTransmitter all ending with 16 (eg. P16, I16, ..)
I tried with P16 (& Housebot): data sent by TX, no errors traced but no switching executed by the appliance.
No problem to switch with RTransmitter but only with 48bit mode enabled.
Might probably be something related to this 48bit mode the unsuccessful switching by Housebot?
Thanks again.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Can you run a trace again on the problem housecodes? Be sure to include the 'debug' tracing about the data that is received in the post so I can see what is actually being received.

Also, to be sure the new plugins are running, click on the hardware interface in HouseBot and then click on the "hardware module type" button in the configuration view. The version that shows for the RFXCOM modules should be 3.01.
Scott
robobbi

Post by robobbi »

Ok, the case has been solved for "x16" codes just enabling ARC option (KlikAanKlikUit). :?
Thanks ...