ACT TI103 Support?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
mikedj

ACT TI103 Support?

Post by mikedj »

I don't see the ACT TI103 powerline interface listed in the Hardware Compatibility list. Is it currently supported, or are there plans to support it?

Thanks,
Mike
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: ACT TI103 Support?

Post by ScottBot »

There is currently no plugin provided by CeBotics for that device. However, since it connects via RS232, you may be able to use the Generic Serial plugin to get some kind of control from it.
Scott
mikedj

Post by mikedj »

I have not yet downloaded your software to try it and I'm not terribly familiar with your software, your Generic Serial plugin nor setting up RS-232 devices in general. However, I found the following protocol info for the TI103. Does this look like what I need to attempt to make it work?

http://www.act-solutions.com/PCC/pdfs/P ... _instr.pdf

My goal is to try and evaluate your software (as a replacement for Homeseer), but first I need to be sure I can make it talk to my TI103.

Thanks,
Mike
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

In looking at the protocol, I would say it is probably possible with enough time and scripting. If you are adept at VB scripting, it may not be too bad, but if you are not it will be a fair amount of work.
Scott