Usbirt Help and Configuration

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I referred to your email when looking into it. You seemed to have enough details to prove that you knew what you were talking about. :wink:
Scott
James D

Post by James D »

Well doing the earphone test from the Usbirt web site that is what I came up with. I will test it again when I get home from work, today. I do not have my USBIRT with me today at work, or as some of you say "Test Environment." LOL!!! I will record what I find this evening.
James D

Post by James D »

Well I did the test again.

Zone Front in HB is Right Channel (via Headphones)
Zone Left Channel in HB is Left Channel (via Headphones) [Correct]
Zone Right Channel in HB is Front Channel (via Headphones) I presume because I here no audible ir signal.

Scott,
I do not think that the labeling itself will fix the problem. Because under the USBIRT configuration/ more configuration/ click for additional configuration the Ir zones match the present HouseBot labels. So if the label change it will still be incorrect in that configuration box.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

James D wrote:Because under the USBIRT configuration/ more configuration/ click for additional configuration the Ir zones match the present HouseBot labels. So if the label change it will still be incorrect in that configuration box.
Where is the "Additional configuration" dialog you are referring to? Is that in HouseBot?
Scott
James D

Post by James D »

It is under the device interfaces after installing the USBIRT device. The last field is "More Configuration", and to the right the notation "Click for additional configuration" is displayed. You might not be able to see if you do not have the USBIRT device connected and enabled. Attached is a screenshot. There might be another way to get there, or I might not be explaining it correctly.
Attachments
usb uirt.jpg
usb uirt.jpg (85.35 KiB) Viewed 1298 times