PocketPC questions

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

PocketPC questions

Post by yaccri »

On a PocketPC, I encountered two problems:

1. I created a light indicator that shows if the light is on or off. When using the slider control and the indicator control in the same panel, the indicator does not refresh(when the light status changes), or refreshes after a VERY long time. However, if I switch to another panel and then get back, the correct status is shown. If I remove the slider control, the status refreshes on time. Is there a way to change the refresh rate of either the slider control or the indicator?

2. For some reason, the bottom of the panel is covered by the background of the PocketPC. About 1/2 cm is missing from the panel display. On some (rare) occations, the full image of the panel is displayed, and after a while the bottom gets hidden again. It is always the same part that is hidden. Any ideas?
gorfllub

Post by gorfllub »

About the bottom display getting cut off: I too have the same problem. I run PPC 2003.

When the software remote first boots up, everything is OK, but if I minimize the remote or do anything else, it wont come up full. I actually havent had it running long enough to see if it comes back up or not.......
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Yoram,

I wasn't able to duplicate your issue with the indicator. Can you give me a more exact scenario, or send me a config export that demonstrates the problem.

I know there's a problem in the SW Remote where the bottom portion of the screen disappears after the configuration screen is closed sometimes. But it's usually a 1/4 of the screen, not 1/2 cm.

Yoram, are you running PPC 2003 also? Does it look like a hidden task bar or something showing through or over the Remote window? I don't have PPC 2003 on my PPC to test with so any info is helpful.
Scott
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

The scenario is:

The panel has a slider, a button (for switching the light) and an indicator.

When I press the button, the light switches on/off. The indicator does not show the change. Switching back and forth to another panel DOES refresh the button's image. If I remove the indicator from the panel, the indicator displays correctly. This only happens on a PPC. On the PC there is no such problem.

The OS is PPC 2003. At the bottom of the screen there is an image that is covering a small part of the panel. The missing part is always the same size. I tried to change the panel's position but it does not move (I didn't investigate it too much). I haven't enter the configuration file.

I'll email you the PPC theme configuration later today, together with few more details.

Thanks,

Yoram
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Yoram,

I've emailed you a sample config that I was using to try and replicate the control problem. Maybe you can use it to replicate the problem for me.

At the bottom of the screen there is an image that is covering a small part of the panel.
What is this image? Is it from the Software Remote, or from the PPC?
Scott
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

What is this image? Is it from the Software Remote, or from the PPC?

The image that is covering the bottom of the panel is the PPC background.