Pocket PC Software Remote

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Sanbdag

Pocket PC Software Remote

Post by Sanbdag »

Ok. I am new to Meedio and think I am missing something very obvious, so sorry for asking! I have HouseBot installed and running on a computer. What do I need to install on my Pocket PC to be able to control it (e.g. X10).

Thanks
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Good question. The answer is "The Software Remote application".

When running through the HouseBot setup program, you had the option of selecting several different types of Software Remotes. By default, only the Windows (not PPC) version is selected. If you didn't select the Pocket PC Windows Software Remote option, run setup again and select it.

Once installed, you will need to manually copy the Software Remote application (SWRemote.exe) from the \HouseBot\Clients\PPC\{Your Processor Type} directory to your PPC.

When you run the SWRemote for the first time on the PPC, it will prompt you for settings that will allow it to connect to the HouseBot computer and download all of the files it needs to run. Be sure to setup the Software Remote and Theme from the HouseBot server first.
Scott
Sanbdag

Post by Sanbdag »

Thanks for the quick reply. I have found the software remote exe. Now I just have to make a theme for the PPC.
AHX

Post by AHX »

i added the swremote.exe from the arm director y to my dell axim. it says, can not find swremote or one of its properties. how do I get started.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

AHX wrote:i added the swremote.exe from the arm director y to my dell axim. it says, can not find swremote or one of its properties. how do I get started.
Was it from the ARM directory of the PPC directory? Can you tell if the error message from the OS or the application?

Any info on the OS and version of the Axim might be helpful too.
Scott
AHX

Post by AHX »

it was form the arm dir. it is an axim x5 with pocket pc 2003 and I think it is form the os.
AHX

Post by AHX »

Resolved many problems today. one question. SOmeone was saying they had been using the ppc sw remote to control their HTPC. any chance of stealingyour plugin and theme?