Adding Odd shaped buttons.

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
switzch

Adding Odd shaped buttons.

Post by switzch »

I am trying to make my own skin. Basically all I am doing is taking the default blue meedio skin and editing the buttons in photoshop, things are working well until i started to get a little more complicated and tried to make different shapped buttons than what the default currently has. Whenever I edit a button it doesnt show up in the button list and I am a bit confused on how to create interesting buttons. Are there any tips burried out there, anything would be helpful.

tia.

switzch.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

To use your own button images, you can check the Use Image not in Skin checkbox when first adding the button to the Panel. This will cause the Wizard to prompt you for your own button image file later.

If you want to actually add your new buttons to the skin and have it appear in the list of selectable buttons, you will need to create a new Skin of your own. You can't save your buttons to the stock skins, but once you create your own you can resave as needed.

Check out the online help for the specifics on creating Skins.
Scott
switzch

Post by switzch »

Awsome, I got it working great. So once I create all the buttons and apply them to buttons in the theme can I export it all as a skin?
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

Use the Create Skin from Theme on the theme drop-down
afox77

buttons wrong size

Post by afox77 »

I can put button on my theme but only 1/2 the button appears there is an option 4 button size but I can change it. Please help I've got alot of cool buttons from crestron amx and pronto that I can't use

thanks
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Each button image actually contains two separate images, side-by-side. The first image is the 'unpressed' image and the second image is the 'pressed' image.

To use your buttons, you will need to edit the images and increase the width to include the 'pressed' image. You can use the same image for both, if you don't have a pressed image.
Scott