Anyone interested in testing a control mapper plugin?

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Anyone interested in testing a control mapper plugin?

Post by Circe640 »

For those that have a copy of the vbWrapper.dll and are still using 2.15, I have cobbled together a control mapper. I built this because the volume control on my prepro only accepts volume up/down ir commands but wanted to be able to use dial and/or sliders controls for visual representation of the volume value. It requires creating 2 additional tasks and a calibration to determine the number of sends to move the control from full off to full on. One task takes the numeric value from property being monitored and puts in the plugin input property and the other task picks up the ir/serial command to send and places in the appropriate device and property.

Uses -- balance control, volume control, tone controls, contrast, brightness, color, etc. Any continuous value property that has discreet up and down commands for it.

Hopefully, the new VBWrapper -- whenever the Meedio team gets around to it ---- will allow VB plugins to directly read and write property values in other devices other than itself, removing the need for the tasks.

If interested, please PM me.

Thanks

Jim McDougall
jabloomf1230

Post by jabloomf1230 »

Thanks for sending me a copy of the plug-in for me to test with 2.20. :D It seemed to work okay with the gauge/slider control, except that the property names are slightly different than what your instructions said. I'm still trying to get it to work right with the dial control. No matter what I set the Min/Max values to, the dial turns way too much and I can't quite figure it out. I'm going to keep working on it for the next few days when I get some more free time.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

Sorry about the property changes, it was a last minute thing to simplify the properties. When you talk about the dial moving too much, are you talking about the dial control in HouseBot itself moving from the min pos to the max position or are you talking about the physical dial on your real device?
switzch

Post by switzch »

Can you send me this plugin to test, I am interested in doing the same thing.
jabloomf1230

Post by jabloomf1230 »

@circe640

I got it figured out. I had to write a descriptive VB script instead tasks to "debug" what I was doing.

Jay
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

It woul dbe useful to others if you would described what the basis for the porblem was and how you solved it.
jabloomf1230

Post by jabloomf1230 »

Circe640 wrote:It woul dbe useful to others if you would described what the basis for the porblem was and how you solved it.

The problem was not with your plug-in but rather in the way I set up the dial control's min/max, the plug-in's min/max and my poor understanding of the hardware device's min/max range. Explaining my personal ineptitude in any further detail would probably only be instructive to my family members. :oops:

BTW, in an unrelated matter, either I misunderstood your original calibration technique or there has been some change in the way tasks are interpreted in 2.20. You suggested using the VBA "+=" increment operator. This generates a task statement in 2.20 that changes the numeric property from "1" to "0", rather than incrementing the property. That's why I got off on a tangent and used a VBA script instead. Do I have something set up wrong like the wrong property type?
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

Maybe a change

In 2.15 you can increment a property value from a button (property change value parm) that is numeric by setting the button value to += for increment and -= for a decrement. This chnages the current value of the property by +/- 1 unit.

The enable button Press repeating option was designed to be able to hold the button and send a number of these increments.

Scott is this another 2.20 improvement?