external program (zoomplayer/playmee)

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Zei

external program (zoomplayer/playmee)

Post by Zei »

Hi,

1) I'm able to launch zoomplayer from housebot using "execute program device", but after that, how do I send commands to zoomplayer using housebot and software remote?

2) I also noticed that now you are about to launch native support between housebot/essentials. What does this mean for people using zoomplayer with essentials e.g. through playmee. Can this be controlled through Housebot remotes as well?

-z
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: external program (zoomplayer/playmee)

Post by ScottBot »

Zei wrote:Hi,
1) I'm able to launch zoomplayer from housebot using "execute program device", but after that, how do I send commands to zoomplayer using housebot and software remote?
I'm not all that familiar with Zoomplayer, but if you can control it with Windows messages, you may be able to use the HouseBot Windows Message Device to control it. The Windows Message Device is a bit difficult to first discover. To find the help for the plugin, select "Help/Plugin Help..." from the main menu. Then select the "Win DVD Device" for the online help.
2) I also noticed that now you are about to launch native support between housebot/essentials. What does this mean for people using zoomplayer with essentials e.g. through playmee. Can this be controlled through Housebot remotes as well?
I can't say for sure, since I'm really not that much of an Essentials expert. If you can control it by sending Meedio messages, there's a good chance you will be able to control it using the interface.
Scott
Dakkar

???

Post by Dakkar »

I am interested to the Windows Message topic for another reason.

I am using TeatherTek and I don't need to control TheaterTek with HB but to control the lights of the room dependentely to the STATE of the player.

So I come to my question: the windows messaging system allows HB also to know in which state the DVD Player (TheaterTek) is?

I really hope so!!!

Thank you,

Dakkar