Disappearing HouseBot System Tray Icon

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
spike5884

Disappearing HouseBot System Tray Icon

Post by spike5884 »

Using WinXP. "Hide inactive icons" is unchecked.

I have HouseBot server set to minimize to the system tray. There will be occasions where the icon for HB server will disappear from the system tray. Task manager shows that it is still running. The icon is just not there. I then have no way to access the HB server. I have to reboot the pc to get the icon back.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Scott J
aka spike5884
starfire

Post by starfire »

Yes, I am getting this with Windows 2000 server also - any way we can get access back to Housebot when you can see it running in taskmanager but the icon has disappeared?
Housebot running my home automation and security
spike5884

Post by spike5884 »

Good! I was not going crazy. Looks like you and I are the only ones with this issue. I have basically decided to live with it going the taskbar instead of the system tray.
Thanks,
Scott J
aka spike5884
starfire

Post by starfire »

I *think* it *may* be a Windows issue though 'cause I noticed that my Supervisioncam icon also disappeared at the same time, although again its still running in the process list.

My system typically stays up for weeks without a reboot and I only notice this after a long period of time.

Would be nice if there was a way to send a command to HB to get it to pop up its window though.
Housebot running my home automation and security
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Some icons always disappear when the desktop is reset for some reason. I have that happen sometimes when trying to play a movie that is not rendered right. It looks like a fast windows reset or something. Rebooting the system should not at all be necessary. Just go to the taskmanager, end the HBServer process and restart it again. If that doesn't bring your icon back, something else is really wrong. I am talking about Windows XP SP2 btw. I don't know of a way to bring these lost icons back. If somebody knows a solution to that, I would also be very interested.
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

I also experience this issue (as well as other issues).

I stopped reporting issues after realizing that no fixes are expected :(