Housebot keeps dying on server

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
loo_hoo_ser

Housebot keeps dying on server

Post by loo_hoo_ser »

Hi all -

I've been running Housebot on a dedicated PC that's also doing double duty as a BeyondTV server. I've had Housebot running on this machine for a while now - same hardware, same OS (XP SP2). The only thing that really changes on this machine are the usual Windows updates.

My problem is that Housebot has been crashing as of late - for some reason, the application will die completely. The only error message I've been able to capture in the error log is a "send() failed: error 10053" and I'm not sure if that is even related to the crash but is reported after HB is resurrected by an external script. There are no Windows error messages prior to the crash.

What is weird is that HB has been running fine all this time and now this. I can't figure it out. Fortunately, I discovered a post in this forum with the title of "How to bulletproof Housebot" and used the simple DOS BAT script to resurrect HB the moment it dies.

I'm running HB 2.22, by the way.