Software remote won't run on CE 5.0

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
tgaerke

Software remote won't run on CE 5.0

Post by tgaerke »

I have a 8" VGA industrial touchscreen that has CE 5.0 with a "i486" processor in it. I cannot get any of the software remote clients to run on it. I get the following error when I try to launch SWRemote. 'SWRemote' is not a valid Windows CE Application. I have had success getting SWRemote running on a dell pocket pc running Pocket PC 4.2. Any suggestions??
PT

Post by PT »

Try the fake dll.s.used for 4.1 & 4.2 and make a shortcut on the desktop
Regards

PT

If it isn't broke,fix it till it is!
tgaerke

Post by tgaerke »

I downloaded the fake dll's and put them in the windows directory. I then tried to launch all the different version of the SWRemote by clicking on them in file explorer. I didn't try to make a shortcut on the desktop. I will try that tomorrow.

Just to make sure I am handling the fake dll's properly, all I need to do is copy all of them into the windows directory??
PT

Post by PT »

Hi

Yes,put dll's into windows directory and then make a shortcut on desktop.

Other option is using webpage with com.You can make it look like homeseer.

Good luck.
Regards

PT

tgaerke

tried suggestions, still not working

Post by tgaerke »

I tried copying the dll's and making the shortcuts and none of the clients work. I think the problem here is that this is CE 5.0 and not Pocket PC. Couple that with the fact that the processor is a x86 not a arm, mips, or sh3 and who knows??

I am curious as to what you meant by "com" and make it look like homeseer. I can get this touchscreen to ping my housebot pc and I can view webpages. Base on this capability, any other ideas?
PT

Post by PT »

Hi

Well,Housebot has a com interface which means you can bascally have a webpage on a server and call that webpage from any machine that has a network connection. The webpage can activate any of the properties and pretty much emulate the software remote.

If you pm me with an email address I can send a picture for you to look at with basic bits on.One advantage is you can use. animated giffs etc.
Regards

PT