Winamp Control

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
sooperman

Winamp Control

Post by sooperman »

Hb Ver. 3.0, OS ver. WIn Vista Business, Winamp Ver. 3.35, hardware- Global Cache gc-100-12 with gc-sc1 contact closure sensors.

I am evaluating this software an option to play a wav or mp3 when the doorbell has been pushed. I set up a task to check the state of the doorbell and to play a test mp3 when it is closed. I get winamp to start everytime, but it will not load the file specified in Play File Name. I read the other post about the Gen_WinAmpProxy.dll and I loaded it into the plugins directory for winamp. I rebooted to make sure it loaded, it did succesfully load into winamp, it is listed under Genera Purpose pugins. I can control winamp if it is started by changing the a/v status, but if I manually push play the status will read stopped. If i change a/v status to pause, it will pause it. If I change a/v status to stop it will stop it. If I change it to play it will clear the playlist. I even tried reloading the plugin. Any help would be appreciated.

sooperman
sooperman

Never mind

Post by sooperman »

I still could not get Winamp to play the file I wanted, so I switched to Media Player Classic and all is well. The doorbell trips the contact closure and plays the .wav through the page input on my Russound CAV 6.6 perfectly. I will also be hooking up the contact closures for the movie character statues in my theater so they will talk when someone stands in front of them, just like they used to with my old system. I will be purchasing this software soon, thank you for making my house talk again.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

You can also check out this post for some info on playing wav. There's also a way to do it with a Script Device... but I can't find the code just now.
Scott
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I use the Text 2 Speech device to play stuff (like Caller ID info when someone calls) through my Cav 6.6. I still need to connect in the doorbells and a driveway sensor... seems I never can find the time.
Scott
sooperman

Thank You

Post by sooperman »

Thanks for your reply, I found it to be a big help. I really didnt mind that the Media Player Classic window remained opened after execution because this computer is not used for anything else, but I can see where it could help. I am also looking to have the statues say something different each time they are triggered, I guess I will have to create a playlist in Media Player Classic and use a play next argument? Will this work, or will the entire playlist play each time? I will mess with it and see what I can come up with on my own, but if this is something someone has already done then there is no reason to reinvent the wheel. Thank you for all of your replies and hard work, keep up the good work!