Unknown Report Data Type [0x6]

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
kzpbb2

Post by kzpbb2 »

My error log has numerous entries with the subject message. The message is generated during X10 activity. I am running ver 3.01.

Any thoughts on why and/or how to eliminate? Thanks.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Apparently the PowerLinc is sending some kind of notification that the plugin doesn't understand. What is happening at the time of the error message? For example, is an X10 switch being used?

It may be possible that newer firmware is sending additional notifications for some event.

The error message should be of no harm.
Scott
kzpbb2

Post by kzpbb2 »

The error occurs when an X10 "On" or "Off" command is present on the powerline. The command needs to be external to HouseBot.....i.e if I change a X10 power state property using HouseBot, no error is generated but if I turn on an X10 switch manually the error is generated. Another piece of data is the error only occurs when I'm using the Model 1132CU (Onboard Program Memory). When I use the 1132U, (Interface Only) the error does not occur. The 1132CU is Version 5.12. The 1132U has no version specified. Thanks for any help you can provide.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

When you turn the X10 switch on/off manually, does it also reflect the new state in the HouseBot device?
Scott
kzpbb2

Post by kzpbb2 »

ScottBot wrote:When you turn the X10 switch on/off manually, does it also reflect the new state in the HouseBot device?
Yes, it does.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

So it must just be some message that is not needed. Unfortunately, there isn't a spec for the PowerLinc and it was all reverse engineered (and I don't have one of the switches like you that sends the data). I can probably just make it so it ignores the message, since it doesn't seem be needed.
Scott