List Control Background

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

List Control Background

Post by Osler »

Scott:

Can you give me some direction on the requirements for the background and selector bar for the list control. I'm not seeing any examples in the default theme folders. What are the parameters I need to consider? Can it be transparent? I see mention of a "slice" that is repeated....but if you could make it a bit clearer for me.

Osler
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Alright...relatively straight-forward. Any background will work and transparency is allowed.

Osler
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

So I guess you may have figured it out already, but for the selection bar image, it's pretty much shown as is. Same size. So it's advisable to make the bar a little longer than needed to ensure it covers the entire width of the list.

For the background image it will tile it to cover the background of the list. If you're familiar with a background on an HTML page, it will take the image and repeat it down the full length of the list. This way you can create a small slice of an image that will be duplicated over and over until it fills the height of the list. If the background doesn't cover the full width of the list, the image is repeated vertically also. If your background isn't consistent from left to right, it can cause some... interesting... patterns.
Scott